What Is An SEO Website Audit?
An SEO website audit is the process by which website owners can gain insight into the performance of their website, and understand the impact and shortcomings of their SEO strategy.
Why Is an SEO Website Audit Important?
An SEO website audit is essential for the successful performance of a website; this is because it:
- Allows a website to discover the reasons behind poor performance in SERPs, be that a negative SEO attack, black hat SEO techniques, or attempting to rank for the wrong keywords
- Enables a website to gain insight into what their competitors are doing, and whether their strategies are successful or not
- Can help improve your domain authority
- Can drastically improve conversions and sales
- Provides more information about the factors that affect ranking in SERPs
What Is Covered in an SEO Website Audit?
An SEO website audit looks into a whole range of elements, these include:
1. Technical Factors
An SEO website audit should take a look into all the backend technical aspects of a website and identify any issues in the website’s coding.
2. On-Page Factors
The audit should also check all of the on-page factors. This includes…
3. Competitor Analysis
The website SEO audit should also look into competitor performance.
- It should look into the ranking of competitors
- It should look at how they are using meta-data, keyword placement and backlinks
- It show analyse how competitors engage with their audience, and their social media presence.
Things To Consider For Your SEO Website Audit
There are a few things to take into consideration when conducting your SEO website audit.
- How is your website architecture? Is it easy to navigate and comprehend for both crawlers and users?
- Are you using the right breadcrumbs?
- Are you using anchor text correctly?
- Are your images correctly optimised? Are they accompanied by concise and relevant captions and alt text with keywords.
- Is your content well researched, free of grammatical and punctuation errors and easy to read?
- Have you conducted excellent keyword research, and incorporated target keywords in your content. Is it optimised for featured snippets?
SEO Website Audit Tools
There are a few different tools that can be used when conducting an SEO website audit:
Other tools include: Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Moz, DeepCrawl, Google's Structured Data Testing Tool, etc.
How Can We Help?
Looking for insight and understanding into how to optimise your website and shoot up the rankings? You’re in the right place - contact us to be paired with a team that perfectly meets your needs. It might be us!
Or, for some independent work, why not check out our blog for some great articles on marketing and SEO that’ll help boost your understanding.